A crown is a long-lasting cap placed over the entire tooth surface to restore its shape, size, strength and /or appearance. Crowns are used:
- To secure a dental bridge
- When a filling is too large for the tooth to support
- To protect a cracked, chipped or broken tooth
- To guard a tooth with a root canal
- To improve a tooth’s appearance
- Porcelain crowns. New porcelain crowns are natural looking in both shape and color, leave no black edge at the gum line and can last for up to 30 years.
Metal crowns. Gold, silver or porcelain crowns over metal have been the standard for crowns for many years, are still occasionally used. They are affordable and extremely durable.
Timberview Family Dentistry in Oklahoma City strives to make crowns that look and feel like the real thing. Call today at (405) 737-0404 to schedule your appointment and get started!